BEGINNER 6 WEEK LEARN TO SEW COURSE IN CHRISTCHURCH
This 6 week Learn to Sew course is for those who want to learn the art of sewing.
Each week we will build on the skills learned from the previous week. The first two weeks will be focussed on learning how to thread your machine, sew some basic stitches, and sew a tote bag. The next 4 weeks will focus on sewing a basic garment of your choice.
If you have some experience we will do a refresher to see your skills then discuss with you a project for you to do.
Skill level: Complete beginner – bring your machine or book a machine to use we only have a few so be in quick.
What you will learn:
- You will learn the art of sewing from an experienced teacher that has taught sewing for over 25 years.
- You will learn the fundamentals of the sewing machine.
- How to change the needle
- How to thread both the bobbin and the machine
- Sew basic straight stitches to the seam allowance.
- Troubleshoot basic machine problems
- Introduction to zigzagging or using an overlocker.
- Learn fundamental skills to sew garments or projects and gain confidence in your sewing.
- Learn at your own pace.
- Save money by creating garments that fit your body shape and lifestyle.
- Use patterns that come from my label https://reviveyourstyle.co.nz/
- Learn the best choice of fabric for your project.
- Some fabrics available at wholesale prices
- Be part of a fun learning environment with like-minded people
- Limited numbers in class.
- Ideas for your project see the images below.
What is included:
- Some fabrics and materials( Tote bag fabric )
- Expert tuition
- Accepting and relaxed environment
- Tea and coffee
What you need to bring
- Your machine along with all it’s power cords and the foot pedal — If you need to use one of our machines please notify us.
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
- Your fabric scissors and sewing kit – if you don’t have one just come along and we will chat about what you will need.
- Introduction price $150.00 Normal price $192.00 be in quick as this price is for a limited time.
- Classes run from Tuesday28th July for 6 weeks 9.30-11 am with the option to continue on. Cost $ 150.00
- If this day doesn’t work for you contact us and if we have enough interest in different days we can work with you.